Thursday, December 04, 2008

4 vs. 1

Holy crud - busy busy busy, let me tell you!

Yesterday was officially day one of my new job (technically its day 5 as I moved to the new office last Tuesday and Thursday and Friday were considered a holiday), and I’m already wiped out. Before, I worked for one person; one easy going, super, never demanding woman. In my new job, it’s 4 men; 4 completely different men with 4 completely different view points, 4 completely different areas of interest and 4 completely different writing styles/voices.

OH. MY. GOD! I feel like I'm being pulled in so many different directions that my head is spinning. I thought I knew what I was getting myself into with this job. I mean, come on - how hard could it be? Wasn't I already a legislative aide?

TOTALLY. NOT. THE. SAME. JOB!

Hindsight being 20/20 and all, I've come to realize just how much I took my old job for granted; how many others were there supporting me and I, them. Now it's all on me, times 4. And all I can say is, "gulp."

I know it will get better, it always does.

But for the moment, it's just crazy and when I go home at night, I can't even think about a computer, let alone get on it to read blogs or write in my own. So I may be running a little silent here again, at least until I get into the swing of things and learn how to organize my time properly so I'm not exhausted when I get home at night.
(though hopefully soon I will be able to post pictures of the holiday decorating that's been happening at my house, and of the quilt I've been working on...soon, very soon!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i got to see your peacock tree today!! it's better in person than in photos!

your decorating must take so much time! alas, i am lazy. :)