Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Thousand Words

The Boston Flower Show was beyond amazing! Awe inspiring! And oh, the ideas that I've come away with for my own garden and personal zen space on my porch! The following photos are some of my favorites!

One of the displays centered around new and exciting ways to decorate tables and spaces for a party or a wedding. My favorite was the orange tent. I so want to create this on my porch!
The blue tent was very cool, too. I loved the use of little white lights under the gauzy/drapey blue fabric.
(there were little lambs in a pen behind this display, sooo cute!)
There was also a large underwater themed display with a sunken ship and a flower filled treasure chest, even an octopus made out of greenery!

This nicotiana was close to 6 feet high! I've only ever gotten them to grow 3 feet, but now that I know how tall they can get... :^) I even bought some seeds while I was down there!

I want to create this in my garden! I really do! The pathway reminded me of a flowing stream bed.


The green grass and daffodils made the winter blahs just disappear! And those blahs hit hard after the foot of snow that was dumped on us Saturday. I know it's melting and it's supposed to be in the high 50's by the end of the week! Spring is coming! I'm so psyched!

I'll have more pictures tomorrow! If you want, you can see the whole set here.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Melbourne flower show is about to kick off here as well. Springtime blooms at the end of summer - how do they do it!?