Monday, August 13, 2007

I ♥ Great Big Sea

Saturday night marked one hell of a big kitchen party** in Freeport, Maine.

Great Big Sea rocked out the LL Bean’s parking lot! Apparently (from what I heard), there were people there 4 hours before the concert started (at 7:30 pm) to mark out their spots and get the best view.


I was not one of them – therefore, my family and I sat WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY back where you couldn’t see the stage, with a 100 people in camp chairs.
But we did have a screen on which they were broadcasting the concert.

I kid you not, there were about 500 people there – I swear!

We danced, we sang, we converted the two couples in front of us who had never heard of Great Big Sea and were only there for a free show.

My pictures aren’t great, but Great Big Sea – THEY. WERE. AWESOME!

** For those of you who don't know what a kitchen party is: it's a get together of family, friends and neighbors. You hang out primarily in the kitchen; eating good food, playing good music, dancing, singing and telling stories that have you rolling on the floor laughing till you cry! Well, at least that's what the kitchen parties were like at my Gram and Gramp's house when I was little (they were both from Newfoundland - Tors Cove and Bay Bulls, respectively).

1 comment:

paula said...

sounds like you had loads of fun... that is so great!