Thursday, November 01, 2007

Oh T.V., how I've missed thee...

My cable was hooked up yesterday and I'm relishing the fact that I no longer have to muck about with the rotary antenna to get a channel to come in remotely clear! I once again have HGTV, Discovery, Sci-Fi and a whole host of others that I have missed over the past 2 years. I channel surfed last night, delighting in the new found television viewing treats dancing past my eyes and delighted in the clarity of the picture!
But as I flicked through channels, I was reminded of Briana's realization, that at any given moment on any given day, you can find an episode (or marathon) of Law & Order or CSI on. At first, it was funny. I came home from work a little early and there was Criminal Intent on NBC. By 8:00, I was a little dumbfounded by the fact that at least five channels had a bevy of these shows: L&O original, CI, SVU, CIS original, CSI: Miami. By 6:00 this morning, it was just a little scary - CI was on...again...
We truly are a nation of lawyer/cop drama junkies. Man, I love cable

No comments: