Monday, June 16, 2008

Mini-Quilt Monday x3

Here I am, continuing to play catch up on the mini quilts. God only knows what I have left - being sick left my memory completely junked! But now that the double ear infection, the almost sinus infection, the throat issues and the allergic reaction to Zyrtec D out of my system...I'm feeling much better now!

But...for your viewing pleasure are the 3 latest:

Title: "Stitch and Bitch" (mini-quilts week 15)

Materials and Techniques: cotton fabrics completely handstiched...a technique that I despise! I have nothing but awe and respect for those quilters who sit there handstitching full sized quilts...I think they're absolutely insane...but it takes a tough constitution to work on something like that!

From Quilter's Newsletter Magazine, Apr. 2007 issue

Title: "Country Kitsch" (mini-quilts week 16)

Materials and Techniques: cotton fabrics in a nine patch and solid formation. I'll be honest, I really don't like country florals...I'm not sure what it is about them that makes me cringe, but they do. I tried them, because they were in my scrap bucket, but I still find them hideous!

Title: "Flutterby" (mini-quilts week 17)

Materials and Techniques: pieced solid cotton fabric with a floral print (not country floral mind you!), embroidered with flowers and butterflies, and one little bee. I love to embroider! I don't often do it, but I love the way it always comes out. Even when it's bad, it looks good...well, sometimes.


As soon as we get a not-so-dreary day, I'll have to take pictures of the garden...it's growing by leaps and bounds! AND...my brother took down that horrible fence in the back yard! Being sick, I lost 2 weeks of working on his bedroom, so the poor guy is sleeping on the couch. I feel bad, I wanted to have the last of the sheetrock up, but it just hasn't happened. Soon, hopefully.

No comments: