Monday, September 24, 2007

Favorite Farm Stand

On Saturday, while visiting with my folks, we took a trip to their favorite farm stand – Beth’s Farm Market in Warren, Maine.

I’m in love with this place! It’s a little out of the way, but so worth it. They’re open until December 23rd and almost everything there comes from their farm.
Oh, there was sooooo much! There were free samples of everything – big bins of apples with signs saying “Please take a sample apple” (I snagged a sweet, juicy Paula Red – YUM!!! You can see my Dad by that bin looking for his own apple). They press their own cider; they make their own cheese (that is To. Die. For!); they have a mini bakery at the back of the shop with a big window where you can watch them making bread and donuts and biscuits. And the prices, oh the prices were excellent! I spent all of $10 and picked up a huge head of green leaf lettuce, a jug of cider, a big buttercup squash, a small pumpkin and 3 ears of on the cob popcorn.
The foliage was fabulous; I just wish the day had been sunnier, but it was foggy and misty all day.
And they had chickens running around outside, making their little chicken sounds that I love!

I hope your weekend was just as nice!

1 comment:

lisa solomon said...

i didn't get to see any chickens.... :) so it wasn't as nice as yours!