Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Still Waiting

I know that patience is a virtue, but there is nothing worse than waiting when your job is on the line.

It's pretty much guaranteed that my current job (with my semi-private office, wide windowsill for my plants, couch, TV and lots of space) is going to someone else – it’s anyone’s guess when my last day in this office is, though, because no one can talk about it…technically things are still in transition and will be until December 3rd, when it’s all finalized.

I’ve come to terms with this, the knowing that my current job in this office is over. And really, I can’t complain; I’ve had a good 3 year run in this office, with great co-workers that I count as friends. I don’t feel scared…I’m still fairly calm. I know I will find something, but the waiting is the worst

I did have an interview with the office where the person who is taking my job is from…an interview for his job. Apparently, I ROCKED IT OUT! I went in there and knew what I was talking about when it came to a constituent services database, clearly stated how my current position fits well with their office (since it’s essentially the same job, only my tasks here varied more) and caught some smiles as they reviewed my résumé! I’m keeping my fingers crossed, because he and I could switch jobs seamlessly, transitioning us from one office over to another, no fuss no muss.

Yesterday, I was told by the President-elect that she had heard good things about my interview and then I was stopped on the stairs by someone who was a part of the trio that interviewed me. He said that I did awesome in my interview! I have a good feeling about this job, but I’m not taking anything for granted and have covered my bases by sending my résumé to a few other offices.

The only thing that sucks is that I won’t find out about this job until the end of this week/beginning of next week and yes, I know it’s not that long, but I’ve been in limbo since the election, not knowing if I should be scrimping and saving (since I don’t know if I’ve got a job to go to after this month)…and I’d like to get a start on Christmas! Normally, by now, I’ve almost finished my Christmas shopping…this year, I’ve barely begun! I have a grand total of 5 gifts (three of which are fillers) and 11 people on my list. I do have a list of all the things that I want to pick up for each person, but until I find out that I have a job, I really can’t shop. And much as I love Christmas, I hate actually having to go to stores during the Christmas season, because most people become rude and stupid…I say blessed be to internet shopping! Unfortunately, grocery shopping via the internet really isn’t an option ‘round here and I need to start stockpiling baking supplies, if I want to make the tons of goodies that I keep eyeing in different magazines and books!

Okay, I’ve blathered randomly for long enough…must get to work!

No comments: