Monday, May 28, 2007

What I did on my Memorial Day Weekend...

4 days off =

Project #1:
2 1/2 truckloads of brush raked, loaded & removed
1 lawn mowed
14 bags of topsoil, garden soil & manure loaded onto a cart at the garden center, loaded off the cart and into my truck, loaded out of my truck and half to my parents truck, while the rest was lugged to various spots around my yard
1 pile of compost raked and spread across the base of the hill
2 raised beds planted
Over 1000 vegetable & flower seeds planted

To create this:

Just call me Farmer Tiff!
******************************
Project #2:
1 clean house
6 boxes of x-mas decorations moved from the porch to the garage
9 totes moved off the porch...then back onto the porch :^P
3 bags of garbage tossed
1 twin bed moved from an upstairs bedroom downstairs to the porch (by myself I might add)
1 set of curtains found & 1 created

All to create this space:

Imagine:
Your sitting on a very cushy bed with a homemade quilt draped across it. A gentle breeze is blowing and the scent of lilacs, fresh cut grass and lily of the valley waft through the air. The urge to nap overtakes you and you are lulled to sleep by the sound of birds chirping and singing to one another as they swoop into the sugar maple to munch on the newly filled feeder.

Welcome to my cozy little den of Zen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohmygawd... your garden is going to be amazing. It already looks amazing. How fun!

And your day bed/loungy room - I wish I could come over with tea and cake - I just know we would sit about and kibitz for hours.