Monday, December 03, 2007

Let It Snow!

Call me crazy, but I love walking the dog at 5:30 in the morning, in the snow. I love it almost as much as the Sunday morning walks, when the streets are practically empty. But in the snow, there’s this romance; just me, Sadie and the soft sound of falling snow. The only light, the golden glow of street lamps. Bundled up tight in winter-wear, I feel like a kid again.

It’s complete solitude (save for the occasional snow plow). The side streets are the best, because they’re the last to be plowed, so no early morning drivers chance them.

Its funny how walking in the sweltering heat, freezing cold or pounding rain is a chore, but taking a walk in the snow is fun. Go fig.

This was the morning commute:

Pictures from my office:

Now if only the Governor would close State office buildings, I'd be doing the happy happy dance of joy.

No comments: