Saturday, February 09, 2008

A Thrifty Sort of Day

A few weeks ago, a good friend from high school and I met up again for the first time (to have breakfast) in more than 10 years. When we went off to college, we drifted apart. Then, out of the blue, she emailed me (via myspace) and come to find out, she worked for the State, too, and lived all of a 1/2 hour from me! So today, we decided to hit Rockland for a bit of thrifting.
We visited several little shops downtown (The Grasshopper Shop is one of my fav's)
I found this at a wonderful little consignment shop for $25!
Check out the detail
At Goodwill, I found this sweater (it's an L.L. Bean) for $2.50
and this one for $4.99!
These two scarves are from Mace's, which sells India inspired clothing. They were total bargains ($6 each!)

I also found several books at Goodwill that I will share with you as soon as I scan some pages. I was very excited to find them. One is a how to in making soft toys ($1.99), one is a Halloween book ($.99), one is The Mistress of Spices by Chitra Divakaruni ($1.99) and the last one blew me away. It's called Living on the Earth, published in 1970 by Alicia Bay Laurel. It's handwritten and hand-drawn (very reminiscent of Sark's books, only sans the color). It's a hippie life handbook...and it's freakin' great! I love it!

No comments: