Friday, October 20, 2006

fly me away...


I was going through some of my pictures, trying to find something to post that I've never used. Something interesting because I'm having an uninteresting day, and I came across the pictures my friend sent me from her trip to Ireland.

I love this picture! It's the Stonehouse Restaurant (a 15 minute drive outside of Dingle), where my friend's ate. Looking at those pictures really makes me want to go! I've never been to Europe and I think it's due time. I'm turning 30 in 27 days (not that I'm counting) and there are a lot of places I've never been.

Blogging and checking out people's pictures on Flickr really makes me yearn for a new adventure. I mean I love where I live and enjoy my job, but I really think I need to take a vacation where I get on a plane and travel well outside my country and comfort zone. It's the budget that has been preventing any form of travel, but you know...others make it happen on a shoestring budget, why can't I?

Oh, so speaking of travel - this is a must share. I stumbled upon pictures by Dan Kutner via Flickr but then hit upon his actual website and wow! Take a look at his New Zealand picts (the land ones) – amazing, simply amazing!

I hope this weekend proves fun and exciting for everyone! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know just how you feel... I'm itching to go on a holiday, local or overseas. To see new sights and smell new surrounds! Sadly, it doesn't look like one is on the cards for a long, long time. Thankfully I can travel anywhere, anytime in the company of blogs and flickr.
take care, g

paula said...

I could spend a few days away ... Ireland would be OK :)