Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bummed

I had a great "What I learned Wednesday" planned for today, but I was running behind this morning and never took pictures of what I drew last night in class.

As you may recall, we were continuing with fully rendered value. We started with thumbnail sketches in the last class of paper bags and then moved to the big paper to sketch our favorite thumbnail. Last night's class, we were to move on to rending light and shadow.

I wasn't really grasping the concept...I thought I was. I thought I understood it, but I'll admit that I was wrong. I didn't know what the heck I was doing...until my teacher came to my rescue! She showed me how to properly add tone and how to take it away with my eraser. My paper bag didn't really look like much until she showed me how to make it pop. I was so excited that I was really grasping the concept (and she played much better music this week, thankfully!)

I'll take pictures of it tonight and show it off tomorrow!

No comments: